Sunday, June 10, 2012

Choices


choice |CHois|
noun
an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities: the choice between good and evil.


Since my short time here at BYU spring term is almost over, I've been doing some thinking about what exactly I've learned these past couple of months. I've learned some pretty interesting things in Physical Science, but one of the big life lessons that seemed to pop up again and again is the power of Choice.

The ability to choose is really quite amazing if you think about it. Choice determines who we are and how we see the world. These are not necessarily groundbreaking discoveries about choice, but it's good to be reminded from time to time.

Who We Are


For those of you who don't know what movie this is, it is one of my childhood favorites: The Iron Giant. Although it is a very superficial version of what I'm talking about, it does a great job of showing that who we are and how we show it is a choice. Sure there are things in our lives that are out of our control, but it is in these situations that we show who we have really chosen to be. "You are what you choose to be." So have you chosen to be the person you would like to be?

How We See the World

This is a choice that, in my opinion, is one of the most important ones we can make. Often times, it is even related to the decisions of who we are. Ultimately you see the kind of world that you want to see. Hard times will come. That's just how life is. But it's up to us to decide if we want to be happy or sad through the hard times.

So now I guess it's time to leave you with one of my favorite catch phrases: "Don't forget to :)"


PS - Since I'm on a more deep note this time, I should also add this: Don't forget to tell those you love that you love them, lest they forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment