Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kicks


Kicks |kiks|
noun
1 Shoes: Apparently you fail to comprehend the awesomeness of my kicks.

So I decided to make my post a little bit more interesting than last time and talk about my secret obsession: Shoes.

That's right. I said it. I like shoes. Come at me bro!
And here's why I love a great pair of kicks in no particular order:
1) They're awesome
2) They are a practical obsession. An obsession that I can use and wear every day.
3) It one of the ways to showcase your style. They say you can tell what kind of a person someone is by the car they drive. Same deal for shoes. A person wears his personality on his feet.
4) Shoes are a symbol of going places and doing things. Your feet take you new and exciting places to do new and exciting things.
5) The new shoe feeling. That indescribable satisfaction you feel when you're sporting some new kicks.
6)They're awesome

OK, now it's time to talk about my favorite shoes. Right now I think my favorite brand is adidas. They have a classy and clean look with pops of vibrant color in several variations. Sadly though, I don't own a pair of adidas right now. Here are a few I have my eye on...




Adidas dragon. It's a retro shoe originally released in the early 70s. The upper is made of a lightweight mesh with suede overlays.




This is a Mi Superstar II. That means this is a pair of superstars I designed myself. (Hmm, I seem to be on a blue theme here)

This beauty, unfortunately, is a little bit harder to find because it is recently out of production. It is actually the reason adidas caught my eye in the first place. It's another Superstar II variation. Pretty awesome if you ask me...

One day soon, hopefully, I will own a pair of adidas. Heck, even the old jeep got some new kicks yesterday! The old ones were so bad that one even had a nail in it!


While I'm talking about shoes, there are a couple of others I should mention:




These babies are the definition of a classic shoe. This timeless design is one that never has and never will go out of style. It is embedded in american culture. So much, in fact, that there are many look-alikes. But don't be fooled. There is only one Converse All Star. No duplication of this shoe can live up to the quality and style of a true pair of converse.




Vans are also some of the classic american kicks. While the build quality of these shoes is good only 80% of the time, they will always hold a special place in my heart. Why? Because the first pair of shoes I ever really noticed and liked was a pair of vans similar to the one pictured above. I was in 1st grade.

Well, on that nostalgic note, I guess it's time to leave you. Hope you enjoyed a brief look into my secret obsession!

1 comment: