Monday, January 9, 2012

Quotidian Adventures

Congratulations! You've found my new blog. Again. My last attempt at a blog failed miserably, but that's what a second... or third chance is for. Right? Right! So down to business. Why is my blog called Quotidian Adventures?

quotidian |kwōˈtidēən|
adjective [ attrib. ]
of or occurring every day; daily:
• ordinary or everyday, esp. when mundane: his story is an achingly human one, mired in quotidian details.
Medicine denoting the malignant form of malaria.

There you have it! Straight from the dictionary. Minus the malaria part. As exciting as malaria is, I'm not writing about that. However, if you are still in the mood to read up on it, I can send you to this blog. But I digress. In this blog I hope to entertain you at least somewhat with my everyday adventures. Although not always the most extraordinary, always mildly exciting.

I suppose to begin I could tell you about the Just Dance 3 "epidemic". Or perhaps, I could tell you about the 9 people living in my apartment. For now though, I think we'll begin with the lasagna adventure that was doomed from the beginning.

It all started with a phone call. Which for my phone, named Le-a (pronounced ledashuh; the dash isn't silent), can sometimes be quite an ordeal. Unfortunately, this time Le-a continued to vibrate after I answered the call. So a battery pull, a returned call, and a few swear words later (not really), I learned that some of my high school friends and I were going to make lasagna for dinner on Saturday night... at 7. 7 o' clock?!?! Who eats that late? By the time I got there I was hungry enough to eat a small rhinoceros. To make things worse, upon arriving I discovered that the only one of our group who knew how to make lasagna was mysteriously missing! So here I am ready to devour my dinner mates and without lasagna know how. Cautiously we decided to proceed anyway.

The first ordeal was locating the lasagna noodles. After the most excruciating 10 minutes of my life we finally found it at the back of the black abyss they call a cupboard. Then next problem to deal with was what to do with the noodles. Fortunately we established (after another excruciating10 minutes) we were to cook the noodles, lay them in the pan, then layer meat, sauce and cheese. All that was left was to put it in the oven. When I read the instructions on the back of the noodle box which said to bake it for 60 minutes, a small part of my soul died. How was I going to wait yet another hour? I was lucky to have not started the practice of cannibalism thus far. I reluctantly started the timer and 20 minutes later our lasagna was over-cooked. Despite the fact that the cheese was slightly singed and we had no idea how to make lasagna, it was actually pretty good.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment